CCCC falls to tenth-ranked Labette
PARSONS – The Cloud County Community College softball team lost a pair of games to tenth ranked Labette County here last Thursday.
The T-Birds lost 11-3 in game one and 12-1 in the second game.
Cloud County scored first in game one as Taylor Nikkel led off the game with a walk and scored on a two-out double by Amanda Bekemeyer.
Labette scored two in the bottom of the first and three in the third to take a 5-1 lead.
The T-Birds scored their second run of the game in the third inning. Cat Wallace singled and scored on a double by Traci Bohlmeyer.
Labette added two in the fourth to lead 7-2.
Chatley Lovvorn reached on a fielder’s choice in the fifth and scored on a single by Haley Norris.
Labette scored four in the bottom of the fifth to end the game at 11-3.
Brooke Plummer pitched for Cloud County allowing eleven runs on thirteen hits, she walked two and struckout one.
In game two Cloud County got their only run in the first inning when Bohlmeyer singled and scored on a single by Norris.
Labette scored one in the bottom of the first to tie the game.
Four runs in the third put Labette ahead for good. They added three runs in the fourth and four in the fifth for the 12-1 final.
Marley Boldra pitched for the T-Birds allowing twelve runs on twelve hits, she walked four and struckout one.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013